Office of Student Equity, Access, and Advancement
Student, Family, and Community-Friendly Equity definition:
All students will have the opportunities and supports necessary to succeed.
Equity for Staff and Administrators is defined as:
Eliminating all barriers so that all students get an education free of bias, systemic and structural racism, therefore ensuring career and college readiness.
District Equity Work
The Office of Student Equity, Access, and Advancement:
- Promotes, supports, and advocates for the vision and values around diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of the Salem Keizer School District.
- Analyzes student performance data in order to recommend school and/or community interventions.
- Promotes inclusion and equity for all within our schools by examining issues of institutional equity and advising district staff on responses to incidents of bias and harassment
- Reviews and analyzes student performance, program participation and behavior data in order to form policy and/or procedural recommendations
- Develops and oversees the implementation of the district’s Equity Strategic Plan
Equity in the Salem Keizer School District will not be confused with equality where all students are treated the same. Equity will be attained when the achievements of our historically underserved, underrepresented, and marginalized students match the outcomes of students in the dominant culture; when underserved groups increase in capacity and power; and when barriers to student success have been mitigated or eliminated.
District Equity Team
The Extraordinary Eighteen Equity Team provides equity trainings for Salem/Keizer K-12 leadership and staff.
For more information on equity training, please contact the Office of Student Equity, Access, and Advancement.
Email OSEAA or call 503-399-3059
District Student Advisory Group
The Superintendent’s Student Equity Committee is made up of representatives from all high school programs in the district. They represent the diverse voices of their peers while identifying and examining inequities within the district.
OSEAA Director’s Office
Contact the OSEAA Director’s Office
Community Resource Specialists
Community School Outreach Coordinators
Lancaster Professional Center
2450 Lancaster Drive NE
Salem, OR 97305