About Student Investment Account Task Force
The Oregon Legislature passed a law called the Student Success Act. This act represents a historic investment in K-12 education. Among other things, it includes dedicated funds for career-technical programs, drop-out prevention, supports for students with severe disabilities, and increased access to preschool programs. In addition to these targeted investments, school districts will also be provided resources to improve outcomes for students based on student needs in each community. These additional resources will be included in the Student Investment Account, which represents about 50% of the total money.
For Salem-Keizer Public Schools, the Student Investment Account will represent approximately $35 million for the 2020-21 school year. These dollars are designated to improving achievement and growth for all students but will be targeted specifically for students of color, students with disabilities, emerging bilingual students, students navigating poverty, and students who are accessing foster care supports.
Since the Student Investment Account will be designed to meet the identified needs of our Salem-Keizer students, feedback from our community is an essential part of the planning process. To accomplish that mission, we formed the SIA Task Force, which includes the following members:
Task Force Members
- Adriana Miranda (Parent / LatinX) — Co-Chair, Community
- Reginald Richardson (State Drug & Alcohol) — Co-Chair, Community
- Lisa Harnisch (Early Learning Hub) — Community
- Yadira Juarez (SKCE / Parent) — Community
- Raul Marquez (Graduate / Willamette U) — Community
- David Salinas (Cherry City Electric / Parent) — Community
- Jay Mundo (Human Services / Pacific Islander) — Community
- Imani Hall (Salem Leadership Foundation) — Community
- Bruce Anderson (NW Natural / Business) — Community
- Todd Kwapisz (Marion Co Child Welfare) — Community
- Brittany Deckard (Salem for Refugees) — Community
- Mindy Merritt — SKEA President
- Rita Glass — ASK ESP President
- Leanette Mabinton — Student
- Julian Holman — Student
- Guillermina Romo — Staff, Instructional Mentor, Richmond Elem.
- Lizi Aguilar — Staff, Principal, Liberty Elem.
- Brian Turner — Staff, Principal, Candalaria Elem.
- Alejandra Guerrero — Staff, SPED Teacher, Auburn Elem.
- Kathleen Jonathan — Staff, Marshallese CSOC
- Tricia Nelson — Staff, Principal, Waldo MS
- Tamika Hampton — Staff, Asst. Principal, Houck MS
- Dean Wright — Staff, Teacher, Judson MS
- Alex Brink — Staff, Counselor, Parrish MS
- Shirley Richardson — Staff, Teacher, Claggett MS
- Martha Ochoa — Staff, District Migrant Ed Program Asso.
- Erik Jespersen — Staff, Principal, McNary HS
- Carlos Ruiz — Staff, Asst. Principal, North HS
- Donovan Kim — Staff, Teacher, North HS
- Larkin Foley — Staff, Teacher, McKay HS
- Melissa Glover — Staff, SPED District Administrator
- Helen Richardson — Staff, Equity Office, Teacher Program Asso.
- Ken Ramirez — Staff, District Resource Specialist
- Andrew Kendoll — Staff, Teacher, Scott Elem.
- Cortney Clendening — Staff, Teacher, Clear Lake Elem.
- Julia Bueno — Staff, Teacher, Chavez Elem.
- Karley Strouse — School Psych, Bilingual