School Board Meetings
Contact the School Board
If you have questions or concerns about issues related to the school board, please contact school board directors or the school board secretary:
School Board Secretary
P.O. Box 12024, Salem, OR 97309-0024
Communicating with School Board Members
Coming to a school board meeting is the best way to communicate with board members, but there are other ways to share your views. You can:
- Write to a School Board member. Please mail all written correspondence to:
Salem-Keizer Public Schools
Attn: School Board
P.O. Box 12024
Salem, OR 97309-0024
- Call Executive Administration at 503-399-3001 or the Office of Community Relations & Communications at 503-399-3038. We are happy to share your information with the school board or pass a message along.
School Board Directors
Each board member is elected by local voters to serve a four-year term without pay. Even though each member represents a zone in our district, the entire board works together to serve all students in Salem and Keizer.
Public Comment Process
The school board welcomes public comment. The guidelines below are in place to help meet the board’s goal of hearing from as many people as possible on a variety of topics within the time frame of the meeting. The board chair may ask that a representative speak on behalf of a group, limit total time for public comment, and call speakers out of order. This is time for the board to listen, not respond to comment.
- Sign up only for yourself (not others) and include your name, organization you represent (if any), city of residence, and topic/agenda item number.
- Each person speaks for him/herself (time may not be yielded to another person).
- Each person may only speak once during each section of public comment.
- Comments are limited to three minutes per speaker.
- Avoid naming individual students and staff when you speak.
- If you have printed material to present to the board, please give 10 copies to the board secretary when it is your turn to speak.
Thank you for helping ensure an informative and productive time for everyone!