Public Records Requests
The Community Relations and Communications department is responsible for assisting with Public Records requests for the news media and other interested groups and individuals. For student transcripts and student record requests go to the Salem-Keizer Student Records Request website.
Submit the Public Records Request
Requests for public records may be submitted using the form below. The request must include the requestor’s name, address, email address and telephone number and state the following:
- Specific records requested, including the scope, as it relates to the time frame for the records.
- Whether the requestor wishes to inspect original records, obtain paper, electronic or other media copies.
The District will respond to public records requests within five business days. The response will include one of the following:
- A statement that the District does or does not have custody of the requested document(s);
- Copies of all requested public records for which the District does not claim an exemption from disclosure under ORS 192.311 to 192.478;
- A statement that the District is the custodian of some responsive records, an estimate of time in which copies will be provided and when applicable, an estimate of the fees the requestor must pay;
- A statement that the District is uncertain whether it possesses any requested records and that it will search for the requested records and respond as soon as practical;
- A statement that state or federal law prohibits the District from providing the record(s).
If the District receives a request that is unclear, the District may request additional clarification before responding to the request.
Fee estimates and other details
For additional details about this procedure, including estimated fees for requests, go to document Public Record Requests (English) or Public Record Requests (Spanish).
Public Records Fee Waiver Request
Fee Waiver Requests will not be accepted until the Public Records Officer has determined the volume of records responsive to the request.
The requestor may request a waiver or reduction of fees in writing by clearly stating the public interest served by the records requested.