Graduation Ceremony Info
All graduating seniors must wear caps and gowns and weather-appropriate attire underneath.
Students are allowed to decorate their caps, however if the decorations on the cap are considered inappropriate or cause a distraction, the student will be asked to remove and replace their cap. Students are allowed to wear their cords, medals, or stoles depending upon their clubs/organizations/honor societies they belong to.
Hawaiian leis are allowed to be worn. Students are not allowed to carry objects such as, but not limited to; flowers, umbrellas, stuffed animals, air horns, balloons, inflatables, etc.
For schools with outside graduation locales, flat shoes/sandals are recommended for walking on the turf field and on the stage.
Seniors involved in pranks may be denied participation in Graduation activities. Any senior involved in damage to property or in actions which degrade the reputation of an individual or a school will be criminally charged and will NOT be allowed to walk with their class in the Graduation ceremonies.
Any student coming to a school activity, the Prom, Senior Banquet, Graduation practice or the Graduation ceremony under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be criminally charged and subject to District discipline policy. They will also be removed from all further senior activities. Students expelled during the school year will be denied participation in the Graduation ceremonies.
Hearing Impaired & Wheelchair Access
High Schools can provide a sign language interpreters for the Senior Awards assembly and the Graduation ceremony.
If you require wheelchair access and seating, please contact the school office before the graduation ceremony to sufficient space is reserved for all those needing the space.
- ECHS/TPP (503) 365-4802
- McKay (503)-399-7807
- McNary (503)-399-4025
- North Salem (503)-399-7808
- South (503)-399-7805
- Sprague (503)-399-4046
- West Salem (503)-399-5004
- Community Transition Program (503)-399-3101
- EAGLE Feather Graduation Celebration (503)-399-5512
Fines/Fees and Senior Graduation Privileges
In accordance with District Administrative policy INS-A012, Section 7 (see below), seniors who have outstanding fees, fines, or damaged/lost property may result in the loss of privileges of attending the Prom, Senior Banquet and walking at Graduation. Look for fines and fees letters to arrive early April. Please contact the bookkeeper if you have questions or concerns. A payment plan must be in place before a student who owes fees is allowed to participate in the above activities.
INS-A012, Section 7
7.0 The District shall pursue the collection of debts to the full extent allowed by Oregon State statute. Nonpayment of fees, fines, and/or restitution for damaged/lost property may result in:
7.1 Loss of privileges related to the student’s participation and/or attendance at school events and/or non-academic activities including but not limited to ceremonies and/or activities related to graduation, athletic events, and school sponsored dances or parties (including prom).
7.2 The District may take legal action, including referral of an outstanding amount to collections or by filing a civil complaint in Circuit Court after giving the notice required in ORS 339.270.
Library and Textbooks
Please note that Seniors with library or textbook fees will not be allowed to walk at Graduation. Here are your options if you have book fees:
- Find the book and return it.
- Pay the bookkeeper.
- Buy an identical replacement book (Amazon.com often has very inexpensive used books). Make sure the book you buy has the same ISBN # as the one you checked out.
- Work in the library for minimum wage to pay off the fee.
Check with your school bookkeeper to confirm that these options are still available.
All library books should be returned prior to final exams. If a textbook must be used for a final exam, please return it immediately after the exam. Please check with the library to find out which library and textbooks you have checked out. When returning books, rather than use the book drop, check in your books at the counter and find out which books you still have checked out.
Prepare your child for all grades with The Parents’ Guide to Graduation video guides and booklets for each stage of a student’s education.
2018 High School Graduation Schedule
- ECHS/TPP graduations are June 7, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at North Salem HS Auditorium
- McKay graduation is June 8, 2018 at 8:00 p.m. at Oregon State Fairgrounds Pavilion
- McNary graduation is June 8, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. at Oregon State Fairgrounds Pavilion
- North Salem graduation is June 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at North Salem HS Auditorium
- Roberts graduation is June 6, 2018 7:00 p.m. at Elsinore Theater
- South Salem graduation is June 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at South Salem HS Football Stadium
- Sprague graduation is June 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at Sprague HS Football Stadium
- West Salem graduation is June 7, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at Oregon State Fairgrounds Pavilion
- Community Transition Program graduation is May 24, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at Chemeketa Community College, Building 6 Auditorium
- Eagle Feather Graduation Celebration is May 30, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at McNary HS Auditorium