Free & Reduced Meals
Your child may qualify for free or reduced price meals if:
- Your household receives Food Stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or benefits from the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), OR:
- Your household income is at or below the amount on the Income Chart.
- Your family is experiencing homelessness as defined by the McKinney-Vento Act. Click here for more details.
- You are applying for a student in foster care.
How to Apply Online
Click here to go to the Oregon Department of Education website to apply online. Applications are also available by contacting the district’s Free and Reduced Lunch Program at 503-399-3169. You will be notified by mail if your application is approved or denied.
Note: If you received a Notice of Eligibility letter from Adult and Family Services, you can mail that letter to the address below or give a copy of that notice to the school. You do not need to complete a meal application.
How To Apply In Person or By Mail For Free or Reduced Price Meals
Download and fill out an application and return it to your school or send to:
Food and Nutrition Services
3625 Fairview Industrial Dr. SE
Salem OR, 97302
You will be notified by mail if your application is approved or denied.
If your student is eligible for free or reduced meals, they may be eligible for other discounts such as reduced athletic participation fees, testing fees, and more. We must have your approval in writing to share your student’s free or reduced meal eligibility status with other programs within our district. Only your student’s name and eligibility status will be shared. Click here for the Sharing Information Waiver (English) release forms. (Información sobre comidas gratis o a precio reducido que ofrecen otros programas: español)
Free and Reduced Lunch Program Coordinator
If you are not eligible now but have a change later, please complete an application at that time. Changes that could make your family eligible for free or reduced lunch include:
- a decrease in household income
- an increase in household size
- your family experiences homelessness
- your family becomes unemployed
- you family begins to receive Food Stamps, TANF or FDPIR benefits
Spanish Free & Reduced Meal Application
Aplicación de comida gratis y reducida en español
Русское бесплатное и сокращенное питание
Đơn xin miễn phí và Giảm Bữa ăn Việt Nam