At the April 9 Board Meeting, the Salem-Keizer Board of Education proclaimed May 6-10, 2019, to be Teacher Appreciation Week. This is a time of recognition for teachers throughout our district and for teachers across the country for the countless hours of hard work and dedication they give to help our students prepare for a successful life.
To view the full proclamation from the SKPS Board of Education, please click here.
Curious on How to Get Involved?
There are many ways to show your teachers how much you appreciate all that they do for you and your child, but to help, we have created a few resources for you!
- Social Networking
- Help spread the word about Teacher Appreciation Week on your social media sites. We have created photos for you to use to help commemorate the week which can be found below
- Remember to use the hashtag, #ThankATeacher throughout the week and tag @Salemkeizer
- Write a Handwritten Card
- Nothing says thank you like a handwritten letter. Print out and cutout our SKPS Thank a Teacher cards and share quick words of affirmation for the teachers in your life. These make great social media posts too!
- Get Creative!
- Work with your child to learn what it is about their teachers that makes them excited to learn and achieve their goals. This can translate into fun and unique ways to show your appreciation for your child’s teachers. Need some inspiration? View some fun ideas from others by visiting Pinterest online
- Simply Say “Thank You”
- Teachers love what they do. At SKPS, our teachers truly have their hearts in their work and care for each and every student and strive for them to reach their fullest potential. To show your teacher how much you appreciate their hard work, simply take the time to shake their hand, write a short email or get creative in another way to say, “thank you”
No matter how you want to show your appreciation to your teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week we want to thank you for joining us in honoring our educators and the work they do each day!