Leaders at Salem-Keizer Public Schools have recently learned a lot from students, staff, families and the community about their hopes and dreams for the students in our district. We have decided it is time for a logo redesign and we need help from our students!
We are looking for a design that reflects the richness of diversity within our students and staff at Salem-Keizer. Our district represents a global population where our 40,000 students speak over 100 languages throughout our 65 schools.
Student logo inspiration design contest
The SKPS District Logo Inspiration Contest will launch on March 1 with entries accepted through March 22. Entries will be posted to the district website for public viewing. A judging committee will help select eight finalists, two from elementary, middle, high school and the Community Transition Program and a grand prize winner will be chosen by mid-April.
All eight finalists will be given a prize.
Special note regarding entries: Contestants should understand that their designs will be used to inspire the new district logo, but will not be used as the final logo design. Entries will be transferred to a professional artist for preliminary rendering and color pallet recommendations. Families will be asked to authorize their child’s sketch for use in SKPS publicity as well as give permission for their child’s art to be rendered and used for district communication and marketing tools.
- Use your imagination! Your design can be literal, abstract or a symbol.
- Sketches should be done in black and white.
- If your idea incorporates people, attempt to consider neutral figures.
- Artwork entries must be the original design from the SKPS student entry with no help from families and friends, and free of other copywritten content.
- All entries must be school-appropriate. Please do not submit artwork that lean toward religious or political themes, and should not be focused on one specific culture.
Ways to submit
- All entries must be turned in by 5 p.m. on March 22.
- Bring the completed form and art to your school office; or
- Email the completed entry form and art, or
Send or drop off your completed form and art to:
Community Relations and Communications
Salem-Keizer Public Schools
2450 Lancaster Dr. NE Suite #140
Salem, OR 97305