Bond Construction Summer Campus Closures Fact Sheet
Thanks to the community’s support of the 2018 bond, many schools in Salem-Keizer will receive expansions and renovations. Active construction will take place in various areas of the district for about five to six years starting in 2019 and finishing around 2025.
Safety is the top priority during construction. Many schools will be active construction sites, and campus use will be limited to ensure construction can progress safely and quickly.
Please be aware that construction will decrease the supply of available school facilities. This will increase demand for those facilities that do have availability. It is important for the community to be aware of the limited supply of space and plan accordingly.
View the current bond construction schedule online
We appreciate our community’s understanding and support during construction! Please see our list of general facility limitations below, and contact Facility Rentals staff with questions about availability of school buildings and grounds.
- Assume the entire school campus of schools under construction will be closed, including the school building, athletic fields, parking, etc.
- During the school year, campuses will be reserved for school and district use.
- As construction progresses, if the district determines it is safe to re-open parts of a school campus, as always, school use will take priority over community use.
- Reopened facilities will be announced on the School Dude Community Calendar.
Salem-Keizer Public Schools appreciates our community’s partnership in keeping facilities safe and in helping construction progress as quickly as possible. We understand that this is an inconvenience and appreciate the community’s support and understanding during construction.
Procedures and Information
Salem-Keizer Public Schools facilities are available for rent to community members and groups. A fee is charged for renting a facility, and certain guidelines must be followed in order to rent a building or room.
If you want to rent space inside an elementary or middle school OR a high school field, please contact the District Facility Rental Office.
If you want to rent space inside a high school, please contact the school directly.
Sports Courts and Natural Grass Ball Fields are scheduled on a seasonal basis in order to coordinate with school sports seasons. The following documents provide information on the due dates for applications for upcoming sports season. Applications received after the due date will be scheduled on a space-available basis.
Please fill out and submit for each event, single or recurring.
Payment and Confirming a Rental Event Reservation
- Payment of your Rental Event Reservation is due within 7 calendar days after your Rental Event Reservation has been confirmed, or no less than 2 working days prior to the event date, whichever comes first.
- Unpaid Rental Event Reservations will be cancelled if payment has not been received. A new Rental Event Application would then be required to reapply.
- Payment may be made by cash, or money order. Make checks payable to Salem-Keizer School District 24J.
Event Changes and Cancellation
Notify the Facility Rental office no later than 5 days prior to the event date of any requested schedule changes.
Notify the Facility Rental office no less than 2 working days prior to the event date of any cancellations.
Custodial, Event Monitoring, Security Services, Kitchen Services
Many events will be required to have Custodial Services, Event Monitoring, Security Services, Kitchen Hostess Services and other services. The costs for these services will be included in the Rental Estimate and payable by the rental group.
Policies and Use Agreements
This policy describes priority for the use of District facilities by community groups and organizations.
This procedure describes user group criteria, the application process, payment of fees, and other significant requirements for the use of district facilities.
Certificates of Insurance
All rental groups will be required to provide a Certificate of Insurance naming the Salem-Keizer School District as an additional insured. A Sample Certificate can be found above under “Forms.”