Salem-Keizer Public Schools
Facility Rental Services
3630 State Street
Salem, OR 97301
Public Office Hours:
Monday through Friday
8:00am to 4:00pm
District Closures: When the District is closed, facility use is canceled. For information about District closures due to inclement weather, click here.
Bond Construction Summer Campus Closures Fact Sheet
PDFs of the following information are available for download at the bottom of the page
Thanks to the community’s support of the 2018 bond, many schools in Salem-Keizer will receive expansions and renovations. Active construction will take place in various areas of the district for about five to six years starting in 2019 and finishing around 2025.
Safety is the top priority during construction. Many schools will be active construction sites, and campus use will be limited to ensure construction can progress safely and quickly.
We appreciate our community’s understanding and support during construction! Please see our list of general facility limitations below, and contact Facility Rentals staff with questions about availability of school buildings and grounds.
- In general, schools receiving major construction will be closed-campuses for two summers. For example, schools scheduled to begin construction in June 2019 are planned to be closed during the summers of 2019 and 2020.
- Assume the entire school campus of schools under construction will be closed, including the school building, athletic fields, parking, etc.
- During the school year, campuses will be reserved for school and district use.
- As construction progresses, if the district determines it is safe to re-open parts of a school campus, as always, school use will take priority over community use.
- Reopened facilities will be announced on the district’s social media channels and on the School Dude Community Calendar.
Please be aware that construction will decrease the supply of available school facilities. This will increase demand for those facilities that do have availability. It is important for the community to be aware of the limited supply of space and plan accordingly.
Salem-Keizer Public Schools appreciates our community’s partnership in keeping facilities safe and in helping construction progress as quickly as possible. We understand that this is an inconvenience and appreciate the community’s support and understanding during construction.
Procedures and Information
Salem-Keizer Public Schools facilities are available for rent to community members and groups. A fee is charged for renting a facility, and certain guidelines must be followed in order to rent a building or room.
If you want to rent space inside an elementary or middle school OR a high school field, please contact the District Facility Rental Office.
If you want to rent space inside a high school, please contact the school directly.
This memo contains general information on Salem-Keizer Public Schools’ Facility Rental program, including overview of annual renewal process, event requests, insurance informatio