Bond Construction Summer Campus Closures Fact Sheet
Thanks to the community’s support of the 2018 bond, many schools in Salem-Keizer will receive expansions and renovations. Active construction will take place in various areas of the district for about five to six years starting in 2019 and finishing around 2025.
Safety is the top priority during construction. Many schools will be active construction sites, and campus use will be limited to ensure construction can progress safely and quickly.
Please be aware that construction will decrease the supply of available school facilities. This will increase demand for those facilities that do have availability. It is important for the community to be aware of the limited supply of space and plan accordingly.
View the current bond construction schedule online
We appreciate our community’s understanding and support during construction! Please see our list of general facility limitations below, and contact Facility Rentals staff with questions about availability of school buildings and grounds.
- In general, schools receiving major construction will be closed-campuses for two summers. For example, schools scheduled to begin construction in June 2019 are planned to be closed during the summers of 2019 and 2020.
- Assume the entire school campus of schools under construction will be closed, including the school building, athletic fields, parking, etc.
- During the school year, campuses will be reserved for school and district use.
- As construction progresses, if the district determines it is safe to re-open parts of a school campus, as always, school use will take priority over community use.
- Reopened facilities will be announced on the district’s social media channels and on the School Dude Community Calendar.
Salem-Keizer Public Schools appreciates our community’s partnership in keeping facilities safe and in helping construction progress as quickly as possible. We understand that this is an inconvenience and appreciate the community’s support and understanding during construction.