Student Teach, Intern, and Observe Classrooms
in Salem-Keizer Public Schools
Welcome! We look forward to helping you grow your skills as an educator during your student teaching experience with Salem-Keizer Public Schools. Below you will find resources for student teachers, university placement coordinators, and cooperating teachers.
Please choose between the following placement options below:
Non-University Affiliated Placement
Use the Non-University Affiliated Placement if …
- You are in need of observation hours in order to get into an education program at your university.
- You are a student in an online program and need a student teaching/internship placement and do not have a university placement coordinator.
- You are a current employee of the Salem-Keizer School District who needs to complete student teaching or an internship and do not have a university placement coordinator.
Please fill out the form below and our placement coordinator will be in contact with you soon.
University Affiliated Placement
Use University Affiliated Placement if …
- You are already in an education program and have been placed at Salem-Keizer Public Schools by your university coordinator.
- You are a student in an education program and you need a student teaching/internship placement.
- You are a current employee of the Salem-Keizer School District who needs to complete student teaching or an internship and are already enrolled in an education program through a college or university.
Please contact your university placement coordinator for questions regarding your placement. If you do not know who your university coordinator is, contact your university program office.