New Employee Training & Paperwork
New Employee Forms and Information
As part of the employment process new Salem-Keizer employees must complete the new employee paperwork.
If you are a new licensed employee, please use the list on the left. If you are a new classified (support staff) employee, use the right column.
Click on the titles below to open and download the forms. These forms must be completed on or before your start date. Please bring them to Human Resources, located at 2450 Lancaster Dr NE in Salem (open 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday).
Please bring appropriate ID from section A or sections B & C (on the I-9 instructions) so you can complete the I-9 when you deliver your payroll paperwork.
New Licensed Employee Paperwork & Training
Required Payroll Paperwork for New Licensed Employees
- Employment Authorization (Form I-9) – Save PDF to your computer before filling out. A fillable PDF form requires Adobe Acrobat to save inputted information.
- Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate (Form W-4)
- Public Employee Retirement System (PERS Instruction Form)
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO Form)
- Staff User Agreement for District Computers, Mobile Devices, Network, Email, and the Internet
- Policy Book
- Policies Checklist
Optional Payroll Forms for New Licensed Employees
- Sick Leave Bank Enrollment Form (Optional)
- If you would like to participate in Direct Deposit for your pay, please go to our intranet system, Insight 24J (you need to sign-in with your District login information). Once there, search for payroll form PAY-F004. Complete this form and submit it to the District office.
Please complete these forms within seven (7) days and bring them to the Human Resources, located at 2450 Lancaster Drive NE in Salem. Please bring appropriate ID from section A or sections B & C (on the I-9 instructions) so you can complete the I-9 when you deliver your payroll paperwork.
Licensed Employee Benefits
- Employee Benefits (If eligible)
Must be completed in 30 days from start date.
Other Useful & Important Information
New Employee FAQs
Licensed Employees Questions & Answers
Salem-Keizer is a drug free workplace. Only safety-sensitive employees, i.e., transportation employees, are subject to pre-employment drug testing. See Administrative Policy HUM-A030 for additional information.
Employees are required to wear a district-issued ID badge while on duty – see Administrative Policy HUM-A026.
Yes, you will receive an “Assignment Letter” right after the official offer and then an official contract once your name has been presented to the School Board at their monthly meeting.
Yes, licensed employees have seven (7) paid holidays.
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- the day following Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day