Nondiscrimination / Title IX Policy
Salem-Keizer Public Schools recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups.
If you have any questions or concerns about compliance with our district's nondiscrimination policies, please contact the following employees.
Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights
If you have questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination within a school, please contact the administrator at your school.
If the school administrator cannot answer your questions, your issue does not involve a school, or you need more help, please contact:
Questions about Section 504 can be directed to:
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
Questions about Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), can contact:
Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 states in part that, “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.” Salem-Keizer School District Administration is committed to providing educational and employment opportunities that are free from discrimination based on sex, and promptly investigating reported violations.
This procedure outlines for steps the District will follow to receive, investigate, and resolve complaints of Title IX sexual harassment involving students and/or staff.
- Process for Resolving Public Complaints
- Equal Opportunity School District
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Discrimination against Students with Disabilities Procedure
- Bias Incidents and Symbols of Hate (Every Student Belongs) Policy
- Investigating Reports of Bias Incidents and Symbols of Hate Procedures
- Hazing, Harassment, Intimidation, Bulling, Menacing, and Cyberbullying; Student
- Workplace Harassment
- Equity Lens
- District Policies and Procedures