Budget Committee Meetings
Public meetings of the Budget Committee of Salem-Keizer Public Schools 24J/32, Marion and Polk Counties, State of Oregon, will be held on the following dates to discuss the budget for the fiscal year July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
Next Budget Committee Meeting
All Budget Committee Meetings for 2022-23 School Year
Community Budget Committee Members
- Barbara Ghio – June 30, 2023
- Lisa Harnisch – June 30, 2023
- Oni Marchbanks – June 30, 2023
- Oscar Porras – June 30, 2025
- Nancy MacMorris-Adix – June 30, 2024
- Lara Million – June 30, 2024
- Patrick Schwab – June 30, 2025
School Board Budget Committee Members
Each board member is elected by local voters to serve a four-year term without pay. Even though each member represents a zone in our district, the entire board works together to serve all students in Salem and Keizer.
- Osvaldo F. Avila, Director
Zone 1 – Elected in 2021
- Marty Heyen, Director
Zone 2 – Elected in 2019
- Ashley Carson Cottingham, Director
Zone 3 – Elected in 2021
- Satya Chandragiri, Director
Zone 4 – Elected in 2019
- Karina Guzmán Ortiz, Director
Zone 5 – Elected in 2021
- Robert Salazar, Director
Zone 6 – Appointed in 2022
- María Hinojos Pressey, Director
Zone 7 – Elected in 2021
About the Budget Committee
The budget committee is a 14-member group consisting of the Salem-Keizer School Board and seven appointed volunteer community members. The committee is an advisory group established by statute to make budgetary recommendations to the school board. Budget committee appointees serve three-year terms and may apply for additional service.
The budget committee conducts public meetings and reviews the budget proposed by the superintendent. Community members are encouraged to attend these meetings and provide comments.
Local budget law requires that the budget committee hold at least one meeting for the following purpose:
- Receiving the budget message and budget document from the superintendent
- Providing community members with an opportunity to ask questions about and comment on the budget
The district provides public notice of meeting(s) in the Salem Statesman Journal. The budget message is usually delivered by the superintendent in mid-April, and public hearings are usually held in May.
For information on upcoming meeting dates, email Cassie Armstrong, Budget Committee Secretary, or call 503-399-3031 Ext: 205102.