School Board Agenda November 14, 2023
School Board Secretary
P.O. Box 12024
Salem, OR 97309-0024
- 4:30 p.m. Executive Session (non-public session)
- 6:00 p.m. Business Session (public session)
Watch the meeting online on YouTube in English
Watch the meeting online on YouTube in Spanish
- ASL: Services provided during meeting.
- Spanish audio interpretation: via Interactio app. Launch the app and use event code: SKPS2023.
- Meeting broadcast on CC:Media, channel 21.
- Closed caption in English through CC:Media television and YouTube.
- Boardroom, 2575 Commercial Street SE, Salem, Oregon.
CALL TO ORDER
EXECUTIVE SESSION (non-public session)
The board will meet in executive session under the following Oregon Revised Statute (ORS): a. ORS 192.660(2)(d) to conduct deliberations with persons designated by the governing body to carry on labor negotiations. Representatives of the news media are allowed to attend executive sessions, except for those sessions held in regard to expulsions. All other audience members are excluded from executive sessions and are asked to exit the meeting area. Representatives of the news media are specifically directed not to report on any of the deliberations during executive sessions, except to state the general subject of the session as listed on the agenda. No recording of executive sessions is allowed without express permission from the board.
RECONVENE 6 p.m. (public session)
- Land Acknowledgement
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Agenda Modifications
SPOTLIGHT ON SUCCESS
- Superintendent’s Report
Public comment will be accepted by calling in, joining online, or in writing, sign-up using the online form is required. The link to sign up to provide public comment opens when the agenda is posted and closes at 3 p.m. Monday. Directions for all types of public comment are included in the sign-up form. A lottery system will be used to select speakers at random. Depending on the number of people who signed up to comment, we may not be able to hear from everyone. For this meeting, thirty (30) minutes will be designated for public comment. Each speaker will be allowed up to three (3) minutes. Electronic mechanisms are utilized online and in the meeting room for translation purposes. The board will receive the written public comment prior to the board meeting, and the written comment will be posted on the district website.
- Acceptance of Grants
- Approve the Native American Heritage Month Proclamation
- Approve the Education Support Professionals Proclamation
- Personnel Actions
- Fall Literacy Report
- Oregon School Boards Association’s (OSBA) Resolution to Amend Bylaws Relating to Composition of the Board of Directors as recommended by the Board of Directors
- OSBA’s Resolution to Amend the OSBA 2018 Bylaws as recommended by the Board of Directors
INFORMATION/STANDARD REPORTS (written form only)
- Student Investment Account (SIA) 2022-23 Annual Report
- Financial Update for the Quarter Ended September 30, 2023
- Board/Budget Meeting Calendar
Board reports are to share the work from formal committee assignments and activities of the board related to youth programs and school district activities.