Salem-Keizer School Board
The Salem-Keizer School Board is the policy-making body of our school district responsible for setting goals and working collaboratively to support equitable student outcomes.
About Our School Board Directors
Our Board of Directors are community volunteers who are elected by local voters to serve a four-year term without pay. While each member represents a zone in our district, the entire board works together to serve all students in Salem and Keizer.
Osvaldo F. Avila
Ashley Carson Cottingham
Karina Guzmán Ortiz
María Hinojos Pressey
Contact the School Board
- Write to a school board member. Please mail all written correspondence to:
Salem-Keizer Public Schools
Attn: School Board
P.O. Box 12024
Salem, OR 97309-0024
- Email individual school board members. Email addresses are: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Executive Administration at 503-399-3001 or
- Call the Office of Community Relations & Communications at 503-399-3038
If you have questions or concerns about issues related to the school board, please call or write:
Ashley Stovin, School Board Secretary
Call the school board secretary at 503-399-3001
Send mail to:P.O. Box 12024
Salem, OR 97309-0024
The board wants to hear broad input from the community related to board business and decisions, while at the same time effectively conduct board business. The board hears public comment during business session board meetings and special meetings with action items. Work session board meetings typically do not include public comment.
Sign Up To Comment
For details about public comment, please refer to the agenda. A lottery system will be used to select speakers at random. Please submit this form to sign up to comment.
If you are interested in providing public comment at the school board meeting and would like to request interpretation support, please email us your contact information and requested language.
Please submit your public comment using the following guidelines:
- Written comment is limited to 3,000 characters (about 375 words) per person.
- Avoid using student and staff member names. We are not able to accept comment that names individual students or staff.
- Each person may sign up to submit comment once.
- First and last name, and city of residence are required. We are not able to accept comments that do not include this information.
- Please keep your comment within these guidelines.
Public comment is open for a specific time period prior to each board business meeting. If you would like to email the board at other times (which is not public comment) please email the board.
Thank you for your input!
We are gathered today on the land of the Kalapuya, who are represented by the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde and the Confederated Tribes of the Siletz Indians. The relationship between the Kalapuya people and this land continues unbroken to this day, and we offer gratitude for the land and for the generations present and past who have stewarded the land since time immemorial.
We respectfully acknowledge and honor past, present, and future Native American and Indigenous students and staff of Salem-Keizer Public Schools. We invite you to join us in honoring these ancestral grounds and celebrating the resilience and strength of all Native American and indigenous people.