All students graduate and are prepared for a successful life
About Our District
Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Oregon School District 24J, was founded in the year 1855. We are located in the cities of Salem (Oregon’s capital city) and Keizer. Educating more than 40,000 students in our 65 schools, we are the second-largest school district in Oregon.
As of October 2022
Equitable Student Outcomes
We will ensure that all students master grade-level academic standards and attain the behavioral and social-emotional skills needed to thrive.
Visit the Strategic Plan page for more details and downloads!
More About Salem-Keizer School District 24J
- 2018 Bond Program — In May of 2018, voters in Salem and Keizer approved a bond to improve all schools across the district. The bond promises to relieve overcrowding, expand CTE (vocational) and science education opportunities, improve safety and security including seismic safety, and protect the public's investment in district facilities.
- Acronyms — glossary of common terminology and acronyms used in Salem-Keizer Public Schools
- Adopted Budget — Salem-Keizer's Approved Budget for the current and past school years
- Budget Committee — about Salem-Keizer's Budget Committee members and meeting dates
- By the Numbers — an annual district publication detailing student achievement data, demographics and graduation rate information
- District Policies, Procedures, and Forms — List of external QAM documents
- District Report Card — report on Salem-Keizer School District, produced annually by the State of Oregon, with information about student performance in our district
- Emergency School Closures and Delays Information — what to expect from the Salem-Keizer Public Schools during emergency closure and delays.
- Employment Website — employment opportunities in Salem-Keizer Public Schools, job descriptions, employee benefits, and new employee paperwork
- Equity Lens — learn about Salem-Keizer School Board's commitment to ensure equity for all students
- Equity, Access and Advancement — Office of Student Equity, Access and Advancement (OSEAA) offers resources and support for underrepresented students to ensure their success in schools.
- Nondiscrimination / Title 9 Policy — statement of non-discrimination/Title IX compliance for Salem-Keizer Public Schools
— SafeOregon is a program created for Oregon students, parents, school staff, community members and law enforcement officers to report and respond to student safety threats.
Call or text 844-472-3367 or email email@example.com.
- Salem-Keizer School Finder — (GIS) - includes detailed maps that zoom down and show property lines (previously known as COG Schoolfinder); maintained by Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments
- School Board — school board meeting dates, board of directors, zone map, and more
- School Boundary Maps — PDF maps of each school boundary, as well as boundary maps for all elementary schools, middles schools, and high schools
- State Standards Assurance Compliance | Salem-Keizer Public Schools — district compliance with Division 22 Standards audited by ODE
- Superintendent of Salem-Keizer Public Schools — learn about Salem-Keizer's superintendent, Christy Perry
- Web Accessibility Statement — Salem-Keizer School District 24J is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website