Our Vision: All students graduate and are prepared for a successful life.
We Are, Salem-Keizer
Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Oregon School District 24J, was founded in 1855. We are located in the cities of Salem (Oregon’s capital city) and Keizer in the heart of the Willamette Valley. Educating more than 40,000 students in our 65 schools, we are the second-largest school district in Oregon.
SKPS strives to create an environment where all students feel safe, welcome, and fully included in their school community. Learn about some of the resources and programs we implement to carry this vision out.
We believe that all students deserve to experience excellent instruction in every classroom, every day. Our goal is that all students master grade-level academic standards and attain the behavioral and social-emotional skills needed to thrive.
Salem-Keizer Public Schools’ Strategic Plan
Equitable Student Outcomes
We will ensure that all students master grade-level academic standards and attain the behavioral and social-emotional skills needed to thrive.
How We Will Do This
- Implement Data Driven Systems- We will create systems to routinely analyze and respond to student data.
- Leadership Development- We will develop the knowledge, will, and skill of our leaders to interrupt systems of oppression.
- Improve Instruction- We will provide the right instruction at the right time for every student.
- Effective Operations- We will align district operations to support instruction.
- Inclusive Culture and Community- We will build inclusive environments that empower students and staff to thrive.
Key Performance Indicators
These indicators and outcomes provide checkpoints for student success.
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Social-Emotional Supports
- Elementary Success
- Middle School Success
- High School Success
- Community Engagement/Empowerment