Our Vision: All students graduate and are prepared for a successful life.
We Are, Salem-Keizer
Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Oregon School District 24J, was founded in 1855. We are located in the cities of Salem (Oregon’s capital city) and Keizer in the heart of the Willamette Valley. Educating more than 40,000 students in our 65 schools, we are the second-largest school district in Oregon.
SKPS strives to create an environment where all students feel safe, welcome, and fully included in their school community. Learn about some of the resources and programs we implement to carry this vision out.
We believe that all students deserve to experience excellent instruction in every classroom, every day. Our goal is that all students master grade-level academic standards and attain the behavioral and social-emotional skills needed to thrive.
Salem-Keizer Public Schools: Strategic Plan 2023-27
- Students feel included, safe, and welcome
- Students engage in rigorous learning
- Students’ assets are valued and built upon
- Students demonstrate strong literacy skills
- Students start high school with the skills to succeed
- Students graduate college and career ready